Over the last decade, smartphones have become an ever more important part of people’s lives. According to Pew’s research in 2015, 68% of Americans owned a smartphone, with that number rising to 86% among those ages 18 - 29. And digital-savvy Millennials & Gen Z now seek the convenience of completing most tasks on their mobile devices that more than a few would feel naked without one.
For employers, mobile recruiting is becoming an important strategy for attracting millennials & Gen Z talent. This group wants to be able to search, apply, and upload their resumes through their mobile smartphones. If your career page can’t do that – if your career page isn’t responsive – then you are bound to lose up to 40% of your talent pool.
Education technology provider, ConnectEDU has created an infographic, “Millennials and Mobile Recruiting,” to help readers understand just how millennials use mobile for job searching.
Now what should you be doing?
Here are a few things that make a great mobile job portal:
- Your career site is optimized for a mobile interface
- Applicants don’t have to click through so many pages to find it
- Applicants don’t have to click through so many pages to complete an application
- Applicants can automatically populate fields by connecting a LinkedIn profile or uploading a resume
- Applicants can set up automatic email or text communications about their application status
The central point here is that the application process is fast and easy. A potential candidate can easily fill out an application and be confident that it has been received, and there’s no need to bother turning on a computer at any point.
For employers, mobile recruiting has become a great way to draw in talent. With an effective mobile recruiting plan and a suitable approach to measure ROI of your recruiting program, you can attract more people than ever before and create a strong talent pipeline. Rakuna can help you throughout the process with our website/mobile products (Recruit App and Interview Scheduling Software) as applying, scheduling, interviewing and other related activities can all be done in the same place. See more at here.
GET YOUR FREE COPY TODAY AND LEARN ABOUT:
- 05 types of hiring needs and their effects on recruiter's buying decision.
- 10 must-have features for your campus recruiting software.
- Detailed comparison of 8 college recruitment software on the market.
the ebook has been sent to your email