Over the last decade, smartphones have become an ever more important part of people’s lives. According to Pew’s research in 2015, 68% of Americans owned a smartphone, with that number rising to 86% among those ages 18 - 29. And digital-savvy Millennials & Gen Z now seek the convenience of completing most tasks on their mobile devices that more than a few would feel naked without one.
For employers, mobile recruiting is becoming an important strategy for attracting millennials & Gen Z talent. This group wants to be able to search, apply, and upload their resumes through their mobile smartphones. As a result, your company might also need to build the effective communication plan for recruiting team so that they all can track, connect and catch the potential applicants. And recruitment metrics dashboard is ideal for it. If your career page can’t do that – if your career page isn’t responsive – then you are bound to lose up to 40% of your talent pool.
Education technology provider, ConnectEDU has created an infographic, “Millennials and Mobile Recruiting,” to help readers understand just how millennials use mobile for job searching.
Now what should you be doing?
Here are a few things that make a great mobile job portal:
- Your career site is optimized for a mobile interface
- Applicants don’t have to click through so many pages to find it
- Applicants don’t have to click through so many pages to complete an application
- Applicants can automatically populate fields by connecting a LinkedIn profile or uploading a resume
- Applicants can set up automatic email or text communications about their application status
The central point here is that the application process is fast and easy. A potential candidate can easily fill out an application and be confident that it has been received, and there’s no need to bother turning on a computer at any point.
For employers, mobile recruiting has become a great way to draw in talent. With an effective mobile recruiting plan and a suitable approach to measure ROI of your recruiting program, you can attract more people than ever before and create a strong talent pipeline. Rakuna can help you throughout the process with our website/mobile products (Recruit App and Interview Scheduling Software) as applying, scheduling, interviewing and other related activities can all be done in the same place. See more at here.
CAREER FAIR LIST
SPRING 2019 - SPRING 2020
IN SEPTEMBER ONLY - Grab the comprehensive list of 500+ U.S. career fairs in 2019-2020 and get the following awesome bonuses at 50% OFF!
- Free updated version of the list at the beginning of the next semester.
- Master list of 50+ Student & Professional Diversity Organizations.
- Unlimited access to Rakuna's Recruiter resources.